The Falzon Group of Companies is a fuel energy provider. The Group is now committed to strengthening its Finance Department and is looking for an Accountant to join our growing team.
The chosen applicant will lead a team of senior accounts clerks, monitor their performance and extend assistance as required. The Accountant will report to the Group Financial Controller and provide assistance with the preparation of statutory financial statements (IFRS and GAPSME).
- Assists in the preparation of monthly management accounts at company level and consolidation of Group accounts
- Liaises with external auditors during year end and interim audits whilst ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Prepares monthly/yearly accruals and prepayments, VAT reports, VAT reconciliations and submission of VAT returns
- Prepares financial and operational compliance documents
- Fully qualified, holding a university degree or equivalent, or ACCA qualified
- Ideally have a minimum of 2 years experience in an accounting environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of MS Office software
- Ability to work independently
- Previous experience in Microsoft Business Central (ex-Navision) accounting software will be considered an asset
Interested applicants should send their CV by email.